Monday, June 1, 2009

Maddie's New Glasses

There has been a rash of nearsightedness in our family of late. First Boston found that she could see much better with glasses than without. Zach joined the ranks of grandchildren with glasses next. And just this past month, Maddie Mae was fitted for her new glasses. She picked them out all by herself. And did a fine job of it, too. You were beautiful before you got your glasses, Maddie, and you are beautiful now.




http://www.4shared.com/file/109274428/1d6859a0/Maddies_New_Glasses.html


I got a phone call the evening Maddie got her new glasses. I love getting phone calls telling me of new and wondrous things that happen to my grandchildren. "I can see the clouds, Grandma," she told me, "and I can see the leaves, too!" It was like a whole new world opened up to her, and she was enjoying it fully.

I wish I could have passed on something besides bad eyes to my grandchildren, but the consolation is that they all look so very good wearing their new glasses.

No comments: