Sunday, October 26, 2008

Summer Remembered

Over the last couple of months I have received photos of my grandchildren, showing me some of the things they have done over the summer and into early fall. I so enjoy these photos, as through them I can see what is going on in their lives.

Chris and Nicki both played ball this summer. Nicki's softball team received a third place trophy in their tournament, and Chris's team won their championship. Way to go! Both of my oldest grandchildren are good athletes and enjoy various sports activities. They have fun playing, too, and that is the way it should be. I recall how much fun it was for me to play on my 4-H softball team. I wasn't very good at it, but it sure was fun, and I am glad that the kids have a good time.




There were a couple of "firsts" lately. Boston lost her first tooth. She called me to tell me all about it, and assured me that the tooth fairy did indeed pay her a visit. Jacob, who is growing by leaps and bounds, had his first big boy haircut. His dad reports that he didn't shed a single tear, but watched with fascination the whole process.






The rest of these pages are of various things the kids did over the summer. They look like they are having so much fun. I believe that the summer months should be enjoyed as much as possible, especially if you are a kid. Some of my fondest memories of when I was a child are of the things my family did on warm summer days. There were picnics, camping by a lake, fishing day trips and just enjoying the outdoors when we lived on the farm. Summers are for kids, and I am glad to see that my grandchildren make the most of them.






http://www.4shared.com/file/68552327/384a5aa5/Summer_Remembered.html

No comments: