Sunday, February 3, 2008

Cousins


We are cousins. Curtis and Linda are the children of Mom's brother Duane. Paul is the son of Mom's sister, Adella. I'm not positive, but I believe that this photo was taken at the home of my Uncle Duane and Aunt Mildred. It seemed that whenever family members got together, someone was plopped down on a piano bench to have their picture taken. Nearly all of Mom's siblings had upright pianos in their homes. They were a musical family. Duane and Mildred didn't travel much, so I think we were all at their home in Bemidji. My family often stopped there on our way home to Willmar from visiting Grandma Matheny near Blackduck.

I love the look on Linda's face, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was caused by some shenanigans from Uncle Duane. He was always doing something to make people laugh. All the kids loved him because he could be just as silly as they were. I really missed him and his family when they moved to Arizona for his health. Curtis died a few years ago, and I touch base with Linda via email now and again. She lives near Phoenix with her husband, has two children and five grandchildren. Paul is a minister in Wisconsin. He and his wife Ilene have two grown children. Where did the time go?

No comments: