Thursday, February 7, 2008

Meeting Our New Grandson

We met our new grandson last weekend. He is a marvel. There are very few joys in life to equal holding your new grandchild for the first time.



Last Saturday David picked us up and took us to his home for the afternoon and evening. We had such a nice time. We played games with our granddaughters and watched them color pretty pictures and put together puzzles. They wanted to play "beauty parlor" with us, so they put pretend makeup on us and styled our hair. Poppa allowed as to not having much hair to style, but that did not deter Maddie one little bit. The giggles were music to our ears. We got a good start on spoiling our grandson. We will do so at every opportunity. Grandparents get to do this. It's the law.




David cooked us a supper of walleye that he had caught on a recent fishing trip to Red Lake. It was to die for. It had been a long time since I had Red Lake walleye, and it was really a treat. Made me want to go fishing again. It has been a long time since I did. I won't fish on the frozen lakes, but dearly love to fish from a boat or dock in the spring and fall. I wonder if I remember how to cast?




http://www.4shared.com/file/37131316/dcac5f25/7_feb_2008.html

As I watched my son and his beautiful wife Staci with their children, I was impressed by what good parents they are. I am so very proud of the adults that my children have become. I think that this is what all mothers wish for their children...that they become good, responsible people. I am blessed.

No comments: