Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Day by Day

When I first started making digital scrapbook pages, I looked through all of my collected photos, searching for those of special events, of old photos of family...those photos that held a specific memory for me of days gone by. I looked for photos that reminded me of places I had been and things that I had done, or relatives from my past. It is good to have a keepsake to help remember these events and people.

But then, as I looked at other photos in my collection, I found that there were many that I had of kids and grandkids that showed them just living day by day. I didn't necessarily have to have been there to take the photos. I enjoyed seeing what they do when I am not there. I think this is why I so love to find photos in my Email. They make me feel a part of my family, even though we are not always together.

David and Staci brought Jacob to see me at my workplace yesterday. It was near the end of my work day, and I was able to spend some time holding Jacob, and showing him off to my boss and friend, Starla. We called Poppa, and he came down to the shop to get in on the holding and showing off thing. What a lovely way to end a particularly hard day at work.

While they were there, I asked if Boston and Maddie still considered Jacob their personal play toy. David had told me earlier that the girls acted like he and Staci had brought them a living dolly to play with. Staci said that Maddie still wanted to play with him allot, but Boston, being the older of the two, was now more into "helping." She has gotten good at feeding him, and Staci said that this does help when she is busy doing other things. I had already made this page showing Boston feeding Jacob, and that bit of information added to my enjoyment of this photo.





I was not present when these photos of Jacob and his Dad were taken. But it gives me all sorts of warm fuzzy feelings to see photos of my adult children with their children. Makes me believe that in a world of chaos and troubling headlines, there are still pockets of peace and calm, where a Dad can take a nap on the couch with his baby son.






http://www.4shared.com/file/42012687/87761f84/26_mar_2008.html

No comments: