Sunday, February 8, 2009

Tooth Fairy

My phone rang one evening last week. Boston was calling to let Grandma know that she had lost another tooth. Her third one. It fell out at school and Grandpa Kreig had already given her a dollar, but she thought that the Tooth Fairy would come that night anyway. I assured her that Grandpa's dollar was a bonus, and that the Tooth Fairy wouldn't forget about her. She told me to be sure to check my email, as her Dad had taken a picture and he was going to send it to me. He did, and here it is.




Along with that picture were a few more that David thought I would enjoy. He was right.

The girls love to have their pictures taken. Bring out the camera and their faces light up and the smiles appear. The bonus of that for me is I get lots of pictures of smiling grandkids. I rarely have a bad day. But once in a while one sneaks up on me. At those times, all I need to do is scroll through my folder of smiling grandkid pictures, and my world is bright and happy again. Perfect.




I particularly love this picture of Staci reading to Jacob. How lucky he is to have parents who read to him. I hope they continue to do so and instill in him a love of reading. Many times I have lost the better part of a day engrossed in a good book. That is not time wasted. It is time spent with interesting people in interesting places doing interesting things, be they real, as in biographies, or fictional, like the mystery stories I enjoy. It is my hope that my grandkids will come to love reading about new people, places and adventures, as I do.



No comments: